Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Long Awaited Update

Greetings. This has been an interesting 2 months since my last post. A lot of things have been going on. God has definitely been blessing me. School ended with a bang, and I made it out after having the best semester of my college career - about a 3.65 overall. I had plans to attend graduate school but that didn't work out the way I hoped it would, but things happen the way they are supposed to. I still want to call them [The New School] and find out exactly why they denied me..but more on that later.

Through graduation money, I was able to finance the construction of a massive multi-media computer based on Windows 7 64bit. It is straight beast - I'll put it up against any iMac that you think may be more powerful and I guarantee my computer will crush it. [Quad-core i5, 4gb Ram (can go up to 16gb), 1 TB HD, USB 3.0, Firewire, Surround Sound - all for less than $800] It's been a pain trying to reconfigure all of my software on this machine, but its proven to be rewarded at the same time. This "studio" is really beginning to take shape. All I need now is a microphone, which I will be purchasing in the coming months. The first thing I will do in the meantime is work on my Re-Mastered Version of Prince's "Purple Rain" album - it's long over due.

God found me a job at Verizon. I'm very thankful because I know there are people who have been out of school for over a year who still are without employment. Entering the workforce is exciting because now I can really make some MONEY - and my studio now has corporate sponsorship: i.e. money from Verizon = studio equipment. But unfortunately that won't be the only expenditure that I'll need to attend to. Student loans will begin very soon, and so will my car note and other assorted bills that I will need to pay. Still I will count it all joy, I could have nothing to be thankful for and I have so much. I hope you all are thankful for the things you have, because there are many people who would kill for the lives most of us are privileged to have.

Purple Rain Remastered coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment