Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Purpose.

I have been told many times that I need to decide what I want to do, that I need to focus my efforts in one particular direction so that I do not become overwhelmed with frustration if I can not accomplish everything that is swirling around in my head.

I have decided that is impossible. Many people are lucky to discover what their purpose is in life. Far less are lucky enough to fulfill that purpose. I do not want to be one of those people. There are things inside of me that I feel need to come out, specifically artistically within the mediums of Film, and Music. When my mother says to me, "you need to decide the one thing you want", I can not help but to reply, "but I want five things" - and that is the honest truth. I do not feel as though I was meant to do one thing solely and to call the rest a day. Why would God put so many desires and aspirations and goals inside me that I struggle to hold on to every moment that I am working a job that I truly do not enjoy.

2011 has got to be about purpose. At 23 years old and recently admitted to graduate school, I want to make that list of the top five things I want out of life and go hard to get it. There is no reason I have to limit myself. Limits and boundaries are not the same thing - you have to know when to stop but also when to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment